Welcome back to our cybersecurity news! Here is today’s top and trending cybersecurity news all around the world. This includes malware attacks on banking apps, the hacking Snapchat account of a female classmate by a student, Facebook business account hijacking, a DDOS attack on the Minecraft server, etc.
Top 10 Cybersecurity news:
1. TATA power was under cyber-attack.
- Tata powers IT infrastructure was under cyber-attack on Friday. They have taken steps to retrieve data from the threat actors.
- Tata Power said that all the critical operational systems are functioning.
2. Facebook business accounts were hijacked by Ducktail Malware.
- The Ducktail Malware version of PHP has been discovered to steal information. The early version of this is used to hijack telegram as command-and-control.
- The researchers said that the main aim of the threat actors is continuously making changes for delivering the malware to steal information.
- They release this malware as a cracked version of Microsoft office, games, and porn-related files.
3. Mirai Botnet causes a DDOS attack on the wynncraft Minecraft server.
- Threat actors attacked web infrastructure and security company Cloudflare with a 2.5 Tbps of DDOS attack.
- This entire attack lasted for 2 minutes. The researcher said that it is a multi-vector attack that floods with UDP and TCP.
4. New malware attack framework targets macOS, windows, and Linux systems.
- A new command and control framework is used to target macOS, windows, and Linux. This malware can be used to capture screenshots, perform remote code execution, and generate a configured payload.
- This malware attack framework is known as Alchimist. This alchemist was written in Go-lang. The attackers use insekt RAT in Windows and Linux to execute the malware
- This insekt RAT malware cannot be used in macOS to execute.
Also Read: How to remove malware from android.
5. Australian secret agents’ documents were exposed in a data leak.
- Secret agents working for the Australian federal police have been leaked by the threat actors. Guacamaya, a hacktivist group has released more than 5 terabytes of data.
- This data includes documents, emails, and AFP drug cartel dealing methods.
- This was exposed from AFP operations some are active and some are not. The hackers’ main targets are oil companies, and military and police systems.
6. Chinese threat actors are targeting Telecommunications and IT service providers.
- Chinese cyberespionage group named WIP19 targets IT service providers and telecommunications companies.
- This group steals digital certificates to sign malicious malware such as SQLMaggie, and credential dumper.
7. Students hacked female classmates’ Snapchat and email accounts.
- A former student university of Puerto Rico was sentenced to 2 years in prison for hacking his female classmate’s Snapchat and email accounts.
- This teen used phishing and spoofing techniques to hack them. He got their nude photos and harassed them and for some of them, he published it.
- Besides this, he also hacked many universities’ email accounts and gathered their personal information. Nearly 15 female students’ accounts were hacked.
Also Read: How to report Email phishing.
8. Cybersecurity firm tricked deadbolt into handing over the decryption key.
- Using faking ransom methods over 155 decryption keys were handed by the deadbolt ransomware gang. This ransomware gang is famous for demanding 0.03 bitcoin after encrypting Autor and QNAP Network attached storage.
- After receiving the bitcoins, the attacker sends the decryption key to the victim. If the victims enter the decryption key in the ransom note screen it will encrypt the files on NAS hard drives.
- The police had paid for the decryption key and received it from the gang and withdrew the payment
9. CISA has released the Redeye C2 Visualization tool.
- An open-source visualization too, Redeye c2 was released by the cybersecurity and infrastructure security agency.
- Redeye allows users to access enable effective, decision-making, and evaluate mitigation strategies.
- Logs loaded into Redeye can be seen in a graphical representation that involves hosts.
10. Victims falling for vishing attacks to install android banking malware.
- ThreatFabrics reveals that attackers trick victims into downloading android banking malware by vishing attacks. A phishing website was targeting Italian online banking users to get their contact details.
- They also target some of the customers of India-based banks and axis banks.
- Attackers called the victims on the information they got from a fraudulent website. The attacker pretends to be an employer of the manager to ask the victim to install the malware banking app and grant permission.
That’s it for today’s article. I hope from this article everyone has some takeaways, especially students. They did understand that hacking our friend’s social media accounts is not a joke but a serious crime. Don’t do anything like this for fun, it may end up in sentencing. Share your thoughts in the comment section and Comeback again for another set of cybersecurity news. Stay connected by subscribing to our newsletter. keep yourself updated!